Can you get a professional development certificate for Becoming a Music Teacher Please?

Can you get a professional development certificate for Becoming a Music Teacher Please?

by Hugh Waldock -
Number of replies: 3

I've been waiting a while now. Sorry, I over analysed things but it did make me come to terms with some bad experiences and move on which I found positive? I liked reviewing the repertoire most. I still firmly believe the politics should be confined to the performance or recording quality though, and ultimately judged on that. I'm sure Florrie Foster Jenkins was a nice girl but she wasn't a good musician. It just sounded like that in places encouraging people to be that sort of person and not love what they do! I didn't like that aspect of it and it perhaps needs more work on within the development of that course. The reflecting one was more interesting in that way.  

In reply to Hugh Waldock

Re: Can you get a professional development certificate for Becoming a Music Teacher Please?

by Rachel Cook -
Hi Hugh, you should have received this by email from CPD UK after you finished the course, i'm sorry you haven't received it yet, I'll chase this up for you.
In reply to Rachel Cook

Re: Can you get a professional development certificate for Becoming a Music Teacher Please?

by Hugh Waldock -
Thanks, still haven't received it yet. I'm practising like mad for my Grade 6 piano to go with my voice and theory qualifications at Grade 8. I've almost got the hang of the whole Kuhlau Sonatina Movement Piano Sonata Nr.1 in C I. Allegro, great piece. When I had some lessons from the Benedetti Foundation I got some Kreutzer etudes. I find them interesting to play the simpler ones like Nr.3 on the piano. It's such a beautiful powerful, clear melody that one. I could actually play the second half of it without a mistake. It's a good psychological exercise because you feel you can't do it at first and you have to find a way. I found an effective thought process to play it and I'm so chuffed with it. It's fiendish on the piano, but beautiful and Elvira Madigan Concerto by Mozart contains nothing but that sort of stuff. I reckon if I can play Kreutzer on the piano without a mistake you could play it. It has a similar sort of feel and mentality. I've just applied for a chorister position at Chelmsford Cathedral. Finger's crossed I get it it's ideal at the moment. I can play the  last 2.5 lines without a mistake already and I started today.  Amazing feeling and adrenaline rush when you get it! I feel it's great for me as a concert pianist to play like that.  I never knew how they trained to be that ace before; I know now it's playing stuff like that! the good sign is I can to a certain extent already and it's helping to stabilise my playing right away. 
In reply to Hugh Waldock

by Hugh Waldock -

It's the last 3/4 of  Kreutzer Etude 3 from 40 studies, transcribed onto piano, All I need to do now is add the first 3 bars on the beginning. I got that far in a day with it. Every bit as good as Czerny. A real challenge.  It's the one  Alex Laing recommended for violin. 

How long can you keep going it's wonderful for that! Even if you just do it hands separately.