Teaching Online

Teaching Online

by Matthew Whalley -
Number of replies: 4

I need some advice on teaching music online (piano, keyboard, theory, composition, songwriting).  I have not taught online before so to begin with I am looking to register with an agency on a website.  Can you recommend the best agency website to register with ?  I would also like to teach students who are outside the UK.  

In addition to an agency website, I hope to teach online as an independent music tutor and be able to structure a curriculum to teach my own short courses.  

Thank you.  

In reply to Matthew Whalley

Re: Teaching Online

by Kemal Yusuf -

Hi Matthew,

Exciting! I tend to use musicteachers.co.uk  more than the others but also have a profile with Superprof.  Musicteachers has given me more enquiries and is really straightforward in setting up offers, lesson plans and scheduling etc. Superprof can be beneficial if you pay a fee for greater exposure. Both need references and DBS checks. I'd also recommend approaching schools directly for international students as the other websites are location specific (I set mine to London).  You can also approach music services like music hubs (Kent Music Hub for example) and direct them to your online profiles. 

Hope that helps! 

Kemal 

In reply to Kemal Yusuf

by Matthew Whalley -
Hi Kemal,

I will look into musicteachers.co.uk
Thank you for your help.
Matthew

by Paul Collins -

Hi.

I too am new to teaching online. I was wondering if anyone knows the procedure for taking payment online? Would it be with Paypal or bank transfer and if so, would you send the student a link from the banking app? Are there any complications regarding taking payment in different currencies from international students? Any info is gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Paul

by Miles Contreras-Brown -

Hello Matthew, 

Prelude Education also has online music teachers. The great thing about Prelude Education is that they pay above the rate set by the MU - usually between 25-45%.

You can find their website here: https://www.preludeeducation.com/

Hope that helps, 

Miles